I thought I would do another post of the things I have been learning lately. Again, I am not going to get into anything super personal (that is for God and the people close in my life to know). I just want to share with everyone some things I have been learning that have been beneficial. Maybe they will benefit someone else, who knows.
The first thing that I have learned is that even though change isn't easy, it helps us grow and learn. I like the quote by Arnold Bennett that says " Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts." I love this quote because it is so very true. Change is hard. It sucks. It can leave you feeling uncomfortable and scared, even if you know the change is for the better. There may be tears, heartache and fear. Sometimes the process is painful.
But here is what I am learning about change, if you don't go through it, you will never be able to grow from it. You will never be able to see what God has in store for you, and let me tell you has a lot in store!
In my previous post, I talked about how God puts people in our lives for a reason and how amazing that is. Something that I am learning that goes along with that is, the people in your life that are close to you will stay whether things are hard or great. We all have times in our life when we go through tough stuff, but it's those friends that are there when they would rather be anywhere else, who are constant encouragers and are always showing that they love you and that God loves you. Those people are the people that pray for you all the time. You can call them when you are struggling and you know that they will be with you every step of the way. Even when things are messy and hard, they are there. God's love is evident in them. There is a quote I love that reminds me about this..."My friends remind me, by their very steadfastness, that truth, beauty, and good exist in the world, and that, no matter what there are and always will be people loving people through thick and thin."-Unknown.
Well, those are a few things I have learned in the past few weeks. God is so good and even though things may be hard a lot of the times lately, I know He knows exactly what he is doing, and He has put the perfect people in my life. Even though the experiences may be hard, He desires for us to learn to trust Him and be able to find Him in those times.
No comments:
Post a Comment